1. Plan, supervise, and implement the program for the class in accordance with the policies, guidelines, frameworks and philosophy of the centre.
2. Address each child’s educational and developmental and keep accurate records of children’s progress through checklists, progress notes, photographs and anecdotal records.
3. Provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to work and play in. Meet with parents to address any concerns or at parents’ request. Keep Principal informed about student concerns or difficulties.
4. Complete progress reports on children for each semester and prepare a developmental portfolio for each child.
5. Meet weekly with the Assistant Teacher to discuss planning, activities, the children’s development and any concerns. Discuss expectations, set guidelines and establish procedures for class organisation, discipline and daily schedules.Render basic first aid as and when necessary.
6. Being responsible for the arrangement, appearance, decorations, and learning environment of the classroom.
7. Attend all teachers meetings and professional development sessions, and participate on committees and activity teams as required. Attendance is mandatory.
8. Work cooperatively with other staff/ teachers to ensure optimal benefit for children
9. Display a positive attitude, work cooperatively with other staff members and assist new teachers with settling in to MindChamps PreSchool
10. Other adhoc duties that might be required from time to time as assigned by your supervisor/the company.